Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jaynie's first day of school

Jaynie started first grade this year. She has Mrs. Shore, who I think will be great. Jaynie really seems to like her. I can't believe summer is over already. It seems like we never had a break. Jaynie has jumped back into school with both feet. She comes home ready to do her homework and is very excited to tell me about her day. She is very tired when she gets home though. It is a long day for a 6 year old, but I am sure once we get used to the new school schedule she won't be as tired any more. Here are some pictures of her first day.

It has been raining all week. Thank goodness for umbrellas.

Jaynie in her classroom. Mrs. Shore has an awesome classroom. Two walls are covered in books.

After school Kim and I took the girls to get ice cream at a new 50's diner that just opened up down the street from the school.

As a side note Jaynie's skirt was my second attempt at sewing. I think it turned out pretty cute and her hair came from a new blog I discovered called She Does Hair (see side blog for link). We have been trying new hairstyles this week and I am having so much fun. I think Jaynie kind of likes it too. I figure it takes a little extra time, but we are trying to use that time for her to read a book or practice her high frequency words.

10 comments:

Cortney said...

Cute! I hate that it has been raining so much. They look darling with their umbrellas.

P.S. We've been avid readers of She Does Hair for quite some time now. (and a few other hair blogs)

Brittin Marie said...

Cute pictures Jaynie!! Have fun at school!

Marcy Cheney said...

She looks darling and that skirt is so cute! It's so hard to watch them grow up and go off to school on that first day...but just know that you and Whit have done a great job preparing her for the world and now you get to watch her "fly"! Love you guys

Jamie said...

Stacie,
I can't believe you have 4 kids, holy cow. Found your blog on Pena's and was so happy to be able to see pictures of your girls and see what you guys have been up to. I just started a blog as well, they are so fun. Anyways hope all is well and I will talk to you later.
Jamie

Kim said...

Very fun Stac. I love the skirt. She is getting so grown up. We are missing you in Idaho. Give the girls hugs and kisses. Love you guys. Kim

Stafford said...

the skirt is so cute...do you use a pattern, or just go for it? i would like to make some cute skirts for Emma, give me your hints!

provobaileys said...

Jaynie is six and in school again. Where has all the time gone. Her skirt is good and I love the faric. Hair is way cute too. I hope someday one of my girls have long enough hair that I can do something with it.

Lisa said...

When do kids grow up! Sounds like she had a fun first day. The skirt is adorable! We love She Does Hair too. The only times Kiersty has cute hair, I followed one of her ideas! I love this blogging world!

Lisa said...

Stacie - the skirt is way cute - share your pattern! Are any of the storms coming close to you guys or are you inland a bit? Sarah is off to school as well this year and it has been fun. Good luck with life!

tjayandjulie said...

Skirt #2 turned out super cute, keep it up. What a fun mom, taking them out for ice cream after school. My kids are lucky if they get dinner. Ha Ha. I'm so sorry,I keep leaving comments and your probably wondering who is this crazy person stocking me. We do have a private blog, if you want in invite email cleanmouth2@gmail.com.