Sunday, August 3, 2008

4th of July

The fourth was great. I always love being in Rexburg for the 4th. The parade is always so fun-parades in North Carolina would be miserable with the heat. This year after our 5k run we went to the parade and had great seats int he shade thanks to Grandpa Cheney who was there at 6:30 am.m to save seats. Jaynie and Lillie had a great time with my cousin Brooke's kids. It was fun to see them be instant friends. Aunt Brooke made the girls the cutest skirts for the occasion. She even made one for Emma-so all the girls matched. It was pretty cute. You will notice in the pictures that Emma has a sling on her arm-yes she broke her collar bone while she was riding "the mule" an ATV/car/truck thing at my in-laws. I felt so bad, but she and Starla handled it great.
After the parade we had a fish fry at my parents house. My Dad and Ryan went to Alaska fishing the week before and brought home tons of halibut-my dad caught a 206 pound halibut and a 100 pound one and Ryan caught an 80 pounder so needless to say they brought home a lot of fish and boy was it good. We ended the day with a trip to Menan to see their firework display. Which to my surprise was actually pretty good.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MANDY said...

STAC,
YOUR GIRLS ARE SO CUTE. I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE HERE. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUN TO GET TOGETHER. YOU GUYS ALL LOOK SO GOOD. IT IS FUN TO SEE WHATS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE.