Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sister's Retreat

While I was in Idaho Kim wasn't able to come up for very long so I decided we should have a Sister's retreat in Boise so we could spend more time together. So after Whit left for the airport on Sunday Mom, Kylie, Addie and I jumped in the car and drove to Boise to stay for a few nights. I had never left the girls before for longer than a day so I was pretty excited to get away. Lee and Carolyn were nice enough to take Jaynie, Lillie and Eliza for me and I know I should have been nervous and anxious about leaving, but I really wasn't. I knew they were in good hands and that they would barely know I was gone.

We had such a fun trip. We spent our first day shopping and that was so fun. It felt like the good old days school shopping with my mom and sisters. We just needed the Mendenhall girls and Grandma Cheney with us. I was able to actually spend time trying things on-something I just don't do with four kids. Our second day we crafted-something else I don't do much of with four kids. My sisters really helped bring out my creative juices. I was quite proud of myself. We came home Wednesday morning and left Kim to work a few more days before her and Sean came up for my birthday. It was great to spend quality time with Kim. I really miss living close to her. I think Sister's retreat is going to have to become an annual tradition.

1 comment:

Marcy Cheney said...

Sisters are the greatest!!! It's funny how we get "older and wiser" and appreciate them more and more. My sister and I weren't very close when we were growing up, but once we both got out of high school we became super close. We now talk constantly and look forward to a "sister retreat" someday in the near future. We love you guys and hope we can figure out a time when we can see each other really soon.