Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A New Hobby

I have wanted a new sewing machine for a really long time, but this year I was determined that I had to have one. My sister-in-law Brooke inspired me with all her cute sewing. While in Idaho she showed me how to make skirts and that was it-I knew I had to have one. When I got back I kept putting it off because I didn't know where to go or what to buy or how much was too much to spend, but of course I kept complaining to Whit that I didn't have one so one night Whit came home from work with a sewing machine!! I was so excited. It is just what I wanted and it is so fun to sew with a machine that works so great. The next day I dragged Whit and the girls to the fabric store where I picked up some essentials and I made my first skirt. I figured I could make Jaynie a few skirts for school this year and call her school shopping good. We don't really need to school shop until October anyway because she will just keep wearing her summer stuff until then. So here is a picture of my first skirt. I think it turned out pretty cute. I hope to get a lot more creative, like Brooke, as I progress in my skill level, but I didn't think this one was too bad for my first try. To check out Brook's cute stuff you can go to her Etsy shop Claireese Boutique.

4 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Okay, that is adorable I love the colors!

The Snow Family said...

You are the craftiest girl I know! Is there anything you giffords can't do? It's A.dorable. Gosh I need some girls...

provobaileys said...

I think you and I should go into business. It looks so good and so does Jaynie

tjayandjulie said...

Super cute! I've also been trying to sew some dresses for Paige. I'll have to try a skirt next.