Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Lillie

August 8th was Lillie's 5th Birthday. Wow 5 years old. I really didn't know that time could go by so fast. Lillie is such a wonderful little girl. I am so grateful that she is a part of our family. She truly fascinates me every day. She is so happy when she plays and she has such a creative mind. I don't know how someone so little can come up with such big ideas, but she manages just fine. I love you Lillie and I hope you enjoy being 5!!!

Lillie's birthday was on Friday and we celebrated by going to the pool as a family. Lillie was so funny because about a week ago she suddenly became a little fish. It was like over night she discovered how to swim so we have been trying to get her to go off the diving board since then, but she kept saying when I am five I will go off the diving board and we thought it was maybe an excuse because she was scared, but no that was not it at all. She just wanted to be five. As soon as we got to the pool the night of her birthday Lillie said I am five now so I am going to go off the diving board and off she went. By the end of the night she was jumping off backwards and doing cannonballs. What a brave little girl.


Saturday we had a party with Lillie's friends at the pool. It turned out really great. Having it at the pool was really easy and the lifeguards and staff were so helpful it was really wonderful. I think Lillie had a fun time. She got to see some of her preschool friends again and I know she enjoyed that. I made the cutest cake for her that I found on familyfun.com. It was a snorkeler face. I was pretty excited with how cute it turned out. I made fish cupcakes to put around it so it looked like the face was swimming through fish. Of course it was supposed to be Lillie with blond hair (hershey hugs) and all.

4 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Happy Birthday Lillie! WE love you and I am so excited that you are five!!! The cake was so awesome and the pool idea was great!

The Snow Family said...

Such a fun party! Thanks for including us! We love our goody bags! Happy b-day Lillie!
Love- Nate and Grant

Marcy Cheney said...

What a fun birthday party for Lillie. Your kids are so dang cute!!! We miss you guys and wish we could get together more often. Hope y'all have a great week. Love ya...

provobaileys said...

Lillie happy birthday. I am such a lame aunt to forget. But I loved the cake and I am so proud of her for jumping off the diving board. What a cute girl. Starts school soon