Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sweet Adeline


Adeline has started sitting up and is doing really well. I practice with her and the girls like to help. In this instance I had laid Addie down on the floor to play in the toy room with Lillie and Eliza and left to do something in the other room. Lillie then took it upon herself to practice sitting up with her. When I came back this is what I found. I don't know how long she had been like this, but she stayed that way long enough for me to get the camera and almost snap the picture before she fell. (this picture is actually a reenactment-sorry) I was pretty impressed at how long she stayed up and I thought it was cute that Lillie and Eliza were rolling the ball to her. Unfortunately Lillie and I had to have the talk about how it is not safe for her to sit Addie up by herself with out mom around because she could get hurt.

Addie has also started to eat rice cereal. Well at least she gets it in her mouth-she spits out most of it, but she is starting to get the hang of swallowing. She really enjoys sucking on the spoon however. Next time I think I will let her suck on on spoon, while I try feeding her with another. Maybe that will work. Also do you like her new high chair? We had some gift cards left over from when she was born so I bought a really nice one. I thought the bright colors in this one were adorable and it matches my kitchen great. It's amazing how different baby things are just from when I had Jaynie. This one has four wheels so I can roll it all around the kitchen and it folds really flat for storage. My favorite thing about it is the tray. It comes with a tray cover so you just pop off the cover, wash it and pop it right back on, rather than removing the entire tray. Sometimes I wish I would have thought of these things. Pure Genius. The high chair is a Chicco brand. We also got a Chicco car seat that I have been very happy with. So if anyone is shopping for baby paraphernalia-Chicco makes great stuff. They are really great quality, but not too pricey.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: