Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Feel Great in Eight

Sunday I started a "Feel Great in Eight" program that I am super excited about. It is a challenge that requires you to eat good foods, exercise, read your scriptures, and say your prayers for eight weeks. A group of about 10 ladies from church are participating. We each put in $10 and we have to track our points and at the end of the eight weeks the person with the most points wins the pot. We started on Sunday March 30th and it will end on May 10th. I really needed something like this to get me started with loosing my baby weight. I have to turn in my points every week so I have someone to hold me accountable, which is what I really need. I don't do very well when I am on my own. By the end of the eight weeks I hope to have lost 24 pounds, be in the habit of reading my scriptures daily, and be able to run a 5k in 30 minutes. On top of all that winning the money would be a great bonus. I am going to use my blog to track my progress so every week you can expect an update. It has only been two days and I already feel so much better. I can't wait to see how I feel in May.

5 comments:

Starla said...

Good for you! That is awesome, keep us updated.

Stafford said...

Stacie, I suffer from some of the same problems you mentioned in this post (ie: baby weight that won't go away) I did a program called slim in six after I had Emma and am starting it again next week to get Kate off my thighs. Good luck with your all your goals!

Rasmussens said...

Stac- I think that is great what your doing. I may have to try that with some friends in my ward. I can't wait to see how it goes. Good luck.

Lisa said...

What a great idea! I'm excited to see how things go. Love your blog!

Melissa said...

I'm with ya, Stacie...only it's been a YEAR since Noah was born and I've still got 15 or so lbs to get rid of. This has done wonders for my motivation --I just hope I can hang with it. Good luck to you!