Saturday, April 5, 2008

Feel Great In Eight Week One

I just got back the results from my feel great in eight group and out of the twelve participants I got the most points this week. I am kind of proud of myself. I really focused on it and did awesome and I feel great. I can't believe how great you feel when you eat right. I only had one sugary thing all week and all my other food was good carbs, proteins, and fruits and veggies. It is amazing how great you feel when you eat right.

The exercise was hard to fit in, but I just gave up on my house and did it. Maybe this week I can try and get it all in. I just have to balance. It was spring break so we were off schedule. Hopefully this week we can get in a better routine and I will get the exercise and house work done and still find time for the kids.

One of my favorite parts of this week was the time I took to read my scriptures. I am embarrassed to admit that I am not the best scripture studier. I go through phases and read really well and then life gets the best of me and I slack off. So it has been a long time since I have read everyday for a full week. I read and answered all the questions in the Sunday school manual and read the relief society lesson. I have been in the primary presidency for over two years now and I have missed hearing those lessons, but hopefully I can stay on track and study them on my own.

I also lost some weight this week so that is a great bonus. I lost a total of 4.2 pounds leaving me with only 19.8 to go. My hope was to loose 3 pounds a week, so I am right on track.

Today we had an exercise class with a personal trainer in our ward and she worked me to death. I hope I can walk in the morning. But she got me rethinking my exercise routine so hopefully my workouts this week will be even more effective, at least with toning and shaping my body. Having babies has really taken a toll on my body, and I promised myself that after I had Adeline I would take the time to reshape things. At least in time to have another one:)

7 comments:

Cortney said...

Wooo-hooooo! Yeah Stacie!! (see I told you all your hard work this week would pay off!)

How do you get those cute slideshows on your blog?

Melissa said...

WTG Stacie! You are doing great!! I am already starting to feel sore from today's "boot camp" (LOL) and am feeling very glad that tomorrow is Sunday! :)

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I'm sure I would have found an excuse out of it by now! You are motivating and your little girls are absolutely darling. Please tell Julianne hi for me...what a small world!!

Jessie said...

Congrats on your productive week! I've been trying to lose weight too but have yet to be so successful!
ps- This is Jessie from Cortney's kids' book club...I followed the links from your comment on her blog.
pps- I LOVE the movie Pride and Prejudice. It's one of the rare ones I'll watch again and again.

Stafford said...

I want to know about the slideshow too! Is is just Picasa or a similar deal? Congrats Stacie on your progress, it is so hard to fit in all the things we want to do each day that sometimes our own bodies are put on the back burner. I am guilty of this everytime I have a baby, just think how great it will be when our families are finished? We can 'loose the wieght' one more time and finally be rid of the drastic roller coaster called postpartum!

Rasmussens said...

Sure wish I had your dedications. My baby is two and a half and can't lose these last few pounds. Good Luck.

The Snow Family said...

Yay! I found your blog! I love it! Great template... you guys ooze creativity, I swear. Can't wait to keep up with your family happenings.