Saturday, March 8, 2008

Worst Mom of the Day Award

Yesterday I won the worst mom of the day award. I got a phone call about 10:40 a.m. from Jaynie's teacher asking me if I was coming to eat lunch with Jaynie (they go to lunch at 10:30-crazy I know) I said no. I was in my exercise clothes, Addie was asleep and Lillie and Eliza were still in their PJs so there was no way I was going to make it before lunch was over at 11:00. Mrs. Wuwert then said, "Well Jaynie is here crying because she thought you were coming." I guess earlier in the week we had talked about me possibly coming in for lunch on Friday and Jaynie took it as gold and expected me to be there. I felt so horrible. Luckily Kim was there eating with Jane and so Jaynie got to sit with them, which normally they don't get to do because they aren't in the same class, so that made her pretty happy. The girls and I went into the school later and went and gave her a card and a coupon for a lunch date on Saturday. I guess the moral of the story is don't say maybe or we'll see because apparently that means yes.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Mom told me this story, it really is a sad one! I am impressed with your blog way to go. It is pretty easy once you have the time and the tools to figure it out. Have a good one. Love ya Kim

Rasmussens said...

Stac-

I was so excited to hear from you. Don't you hate it when we forget. It happens all the time at my house. I love this blog thing and being able to check everyone out. Tell your kids and Whit Hi.
Love, Brooke

Melissa Casper said...

Hey Stacie,

That story was a classic, I have been there and done that and Lyric has lunch at 10:30am too. I am working and I am also her room mom. Sometimes I bust my butt to do things in her class or bring homemade treats in and she doesn't even care. So I have learned that you can win them all and I do what I can for my kids but I am not going to kill myself trying too. I have learned that it is not how much you serve your kids it is the spirit of your service that will teach them the most about how much you love them. Well hang in there juggling 4 kids, I am trying to grasp how I will do that come this summer.