Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Weekend

We had a wonderful Easter Weekend. Whit and Jaynie were both home on Friday for Good Friday and we really enjoyed the extra day. Friday Jaynie, Lillie and Eliza went to Horton Hears a Who with our friends Carmen and Lauren. They loved the movie and it was extra special to be able to go with Lauren. Thanks Carmen and Lauren. We love you guys. That night Whit went on a bike ride and we ate Chipolte with some friends. It was a great lazy day.

On Saturday all the Easter festivities began. I got up at 7:30 a.m. and went on a Easter Scavenger Run with my friends Kim and Marcia. It was a lot of fun. It was a 2.75 mile run to different locations and at each location you had to answer a trivia question or do a silly stunt in order to get the clue to the next location. It was such a fun way to get in my exercise for the day.

That afternoon we had a neighborhood Easter egg hunt. It was a lot of fun. The girls loved it. Here are a few snapshots from the big event.



This is how Addie spent the Hunt-Smiling in the stroller.
Saturday night we dyed Easter eggs. The girls got pretty creative.

Sunday of course we went to church. Whit didn't have to go to meetings until 8:00 a.m. so he was home to help me for a little while, which was nice. The girls woke up and found their Easter baskets. They all got swim suits, jump ropes, and chocolate bunnies. They were pretty excited and I was excited that the Easter bunny brought them something that they needed:) They also got new white dresses for church. I think they looked pretty darn cute.




9 comments:

provobaileys said...

How fun. The girls are pretty darn cute. They are getting so big and Jaynie looks like she is turning into quite the GIRL. I like her pose in the first easter dress picture. Where do you find your cute backgrounds for your blog

Jodee said...

Kim told me you had a blog and I finally found it. Your girls are so cute! I'm jealous of the weather! Hope you are doing good!

Melissa said...

You KNOW I was excited to see the hairbrush replaced by your darling girls (and I know Whit was too!) LOL

Stafford said...

your little Addie is so sweet! she looks like Wit, jelous of the spring atire in the pics!

Rasmussens said...

Your little girls are beautiful. I wish we could see them more. Hope you guys are doing well.

Kim said...

I love your girls! I can not believe baby Addie. She is growin up super fast. She has changed a lot just in the last few months. I am glad to hear you had a good easter weekend. We missed you in the Burg altough your easter egg hunt looked a lot more fun than ours. Love ya.

Cortney said...

Where did you end up finding the leggings? Great pictures!

Lisa said...

Stacie - hey I found your blog through Maren's blog and it was fun to see your sweet family. Your girls are about the cutest I have ever seen! We are considering a move next year to NC (Raleigh). We live in Mississippi right now and love the southern weather.

Starla said...

I love seeing pictures of your girls, they are so cute. Addie is getting so big and cuter by the minute. We sure miss you guys and hope that we get to see you this summer sometime. Lately Emma does little things that remind us of Jaynie and Lilly, she thinks it's great if we tell her she's like them. I am glad you guys had a good Easter, we sure missed you though!