Thursday, July 22, 2010

We Sold Our House!!!!

The week before I left to go to Idaho Jaynie wanted to fast for the first time on fast Sunday. We talked to her about what she needed to do and a little about what she could fast for. She then went into a room and said a prayer and then came back and I asked her what she had decided to fast for and she said I am fasting for the house to sell. Which was obviously a great thing to fast for, but not something we had discussed so we were proud of her. Then I left for Idaho that week and the following Sunday Whit had to show the house. I thought it was so fitting that he should have to get the house ready and the girls ready all in time for church. Little did I or Whitney know that the couple that was going to come see the house were actually sitting in the congregation during sacrament meeting. The couple liked the house and wanted to see it again on Monday and before Whit left he ran into the Realtor and she asked if we happened to be Mormon and told him that the couple was Mormon and thought that we probably were. So Whit went to walk the neighborhood and Kim was outside and Whit told her that the people seeing the house were Mormon and she immediately went down to our house to talk to them and that was all it took. Basically Kim acted as our Mormon agent and sold our house for us. She told them how great our neighborhood was and how there were five Mormon families in the neighborhood, which for North Carolina is pretty rare. They called with an offer later that night. So we owe it all to Kim and now we have great new neighbors, friends, and ward members in the Browns. We truly feel blessed and have felt the Lord's hand in this whole process and we have had the great opportunity to show our children, particularly Jaynie, the power of fasting and prayer.

This was our first house and we will miss it so much. A lot of blood sweat and tears went into that house and I think it shows. It truly is a great house. We think the Brown's are pretty lucky to have it. Sorry about all the pictures, but I wanted to preserve the memory of our house on the blog.

5 comments:

provobaileys said...

I think it is a great house. I would have loved to buy it myself. Decorated with such class and style. Can't wait for you guys to start on you new one. I enjoyed the pictures cause I have never seen your home. That is a great experience for Jaynie to have.

marcia stevens de proano said...

I'm so glad that you were able to sell it and sad at the same time. It's such a great house!!

Christi said...

Gosh, your house was decorated SO great. Wish you could help me decorate when we finally buy another house in a year. I know your next house will be even more fantastic :)

Anderson said...

Your house is adorable! I never realized how good you were at decorating! We want to move in! Congrats on the sale!

Rachel said...

Beautiful!! I am glad you were able to sell it. Where are you headed now? I also heard that you are expecting your 5 girl! Congrats!! That is exciting!