Thursday, July 22, 2010

Eliza takes on the Kitchen Aid and Loses

Who knew the Kitchen Aid mixer could be so dangerous. We were in the Kitchen making cupcakes for Jaynie's birthday and I went to get something from the fridge and the next thing I know Eliza is screaming and the kitchen aid is making funny noises. I ran over there and shut off the mixer, but I didn't know what to do. Her hair was a tangled mess on the beater and it wasn't coming off. Eliza was really hurt and screaming in pain, Addie was bawling and screaming, "My Liza, My Liza" and I was screaming for Kim to get scissors so we could cut off the hair that was caught, but luckily my sister the nurse can stay calm in these types of situations and calmly and gently pulled her hair off of the mixer. Thank goodness too because we were able to salvage some of the hair that was still attached to cover her new bald spot. When we got her unattached from the mixer I took her to the bath to wash out the batter and then sat down to assess the damage. This is when I really lost it. I couldn't help but cry for her. It had actually pulled a huge chunk of hair right off of her head. I could only imagine what that must of felt like. She was one brave little girl though. I just have to figure out how to do her hair now????

The bald spot.
The tangled mess that came out as I started combing through her hair. This is a lot of hair to loose, especially for a little girl who just doesn't have much to begin with.

4 comments:

provobaileys said...

Poor little Eliza. I cried (really) while I was reading this. Just to think of it makes my stomach hurt. But it is going to take a long time for that hair to grow back.

Rasmussens said...

That is the saddest thing I have seen. Glad she is okay. She is a doll. Hope you are feeling good.

Shirley Clan said...

Poor Liza! You guys look great! We totally miss the zoo and all the fun. Hope you guys are doing good!

Starla said...

Oh poor Eliza! I don't know how I missed this post. That is so sad:o( That had to have hurt so bad, and poor Addi too! I hope her hair is growing in quickly, that is a lot of hair gone, poor girl! We miss you guys!