Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lillie's Art Show


Like many parents I often have moments in life when I feel like a bad parent, but never have I had this feeling like I did when I dropped the ball with Lillie's Art Show. Lillie's art teacher choose one of her art projects to be entered into a local art show at the library. We were so excited for her, but the opening was when I was in Idaho and it was a little much for Whit to try and do with all the girls. Luckily, it was set up for a couple of weeks so we didn't think it would be too hard to get over there. In my defence we tried twice. Once the library was closed and then we went on the last day and they had already taken everything down. I still don't even know which art project was displayed. The teacher never sent it home. I felt really bad, but Lillie was such a sweet heart about it. It really didn't seem to bother her, which made me feel even worse because I should have made it a bigger deal. Even though we didn't see her art work we were so proud of her. She is such a great little artist. She really pays attention to detail and puts little things into her art that most kids wouldn't even dream of. Lillie I am sorry we didn't see your art, but I know this won't be our only chance. I love you!!!!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Good Job Lillie! You will have to paint a pictue for me when you come. I can't wait to see everyone.You are not a bad Mom Stacie, just a busy one. Love ya Mom

provobaileys said...

Some day she will have her very own art show in some very fancy art gallery.