Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jaynie's Baptism May 1, 2010


Jaynie was baptized on May 1, 2010. It was such a special day. The whole event was so much fun for me. It was fun taking her to pick out a beautiful white dress and new white shoes and then going to the Tanglewood Gardens to take her picture. The best part was how excited she was for the day. She was giddy with excitement. She said on several occasions that she just couldn't wait to have the Holy Ghost.
The day of was just so amazing. I was so emotional. It felt very strange to have my child going through something so important in her little life. The spirit was very strong in the meeting. Jaynie choose to have her Grandmother's give the talks and her Grandfather's say the prayers. Aunt Kim played the piano and Aunt Kylie led the music. We were so lucky to have so many family members there. I hope this day is one that Jaynie will always remember. I am so proud of her and her choice to be baptized and I am grateful that she now has the Holy Ghost as her constant companion.

Grandma and Grandpa Gifford
Grandma and Grandpa Erickson
Aunt Kylie
Aunt Kim, Uncle Sean, and Carter

Some good looking Erickson Girls
Jaynie also had a lot of friends there to support her on her big day. It was quite the gathering. We really are blessed to have such great friends here in North Carolina.
Jaynie's friend Nate
I think this picture could be foreshadowing. I am all about arrange marriages for my girls!!!!
Allie, Jaynie, Morgan, Jane and Lillie
And of course Lolo

2 comments:

provobaileys said...

I just want to know what happened to that little baby that you brought home eight years ago. I have been waiting for this post all summer. I so wish that we could have been there for Jaynie's big day. Seeing it on your blog is the next best thing. I am so very proud of her.

The Snow Family said...

Consider it arranged... if Nate marries a Gifford girl I would be thrilled :) But they can't have him until he gets home from his mission!! We loved being present at Jaynie's baptism, the spirit really was so strong. Thanks for including us!