Wednesday, January 7, 2009

December Festivies

Now that the Holidays are over I guess I should update with all the December festivities that went on in the Gifford House. We had a great month. It was very busy and went by way too fast, but we enjoyed it.

On December 11th I was able to take Jaynie and Lillie out of school for the day and go and see the Nutcraker ballet. It was so fun. The girls got all dressed up and everything. They were fascinated by the music and dancers, especially the nutcracker prince. It really was an awesome production. The funnest part was afterwards when we were waiting for the elevator in the parking garage we saw the nutcracker prince. The girls were so cute they got all giddy, but would not say Hi. I wish I would have had my camera so we could get a picture. Thanks Cortney for being a homeschooler and getting us cheap tickets. We need to make it a tradition.


Lillie had a little program at her preschool. They all dressed up like the nativity and sang songs for the parents. It was pretty cute. Lillie made a great Mary.


Our ward had a special nativity night with a wonderful musical program and then people in the ward brought in their nativities for display. In the middle of the display they had a live children's nativity. Jaynie and Lillie were asked to be angels and they did a great job. Whit was asked to build the stable and of course because I have the most talented husband in the world this is what he came up with. Can you believe it?

For FHE one night I bought one of those pre-made gingerbread house kits and we decorated it. It was quite the fiasco. The walls fell twice so everything kind of fell a bit, but in the end it looked pretty cute.


The girls got to see Santa at our ward Christmas Party. I always had issues with having Santa at a church party until I had kids and now I am so glad because I refuse to take my kids to the mall to see Santa, so the church party is really their only chance. Sorry about the horrible pictures. Whit took them not me and of course the kids didn't hold still long enough to take a good picture. Oh well. Addie is reaching for me. I wish we could have captured the look on her face when I put her on his lap. It was one of mortal fear, but as soon as he pulled out a candy cane she was fine.






2 comments:

lotusgirl said...

So cute. I love the pix with Santa. Mortal fear was common on my kids' faces too.

No kidding, Whit's nativity backdrop was amazing! He's a very talented man!

Wendy said...

Wow that stable is amazing! Way to go Whit!