Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy New Year


Happy New Years everyone!! We had a really fun New Year's this year. It started with our kid friendly New Years Eve party. We got together with some of our friends to celebrate with the kids. We had dinner and then at 8:00p.m. we had our New Year's countdown. The girls all had noisemakers and confetti poppers that they popped. Then they all got kisses and sparkling cider. Then once everyone settled down and went home we put our girls to bed and Whit and I got a babysitter so that we could go run a 5k race in Tanglewood Park. Tanglewood has a great Christmas light display every year and they started having a Race on New Year's Eve called the Running of the Lights. I had six friends running it and I really wanted Whit to do it with me so I convinced him to come even though he had a huge bike race the next morning. I was really glad he did it though. I wouldn't have wanted to do it with out him. They had a big screen TV and the start line where we watched the ball drop and then they shot off the start gun. So I got my New Year's kiss from my man and we took off running in the dark with nothing but Christmas lights to light the way. It was actually really dangerous. There were tons of people on these narrow paths so you were constantly dodging people sometimes going off the path and they had one part that was up and back so the leaders were coming back in a smaller numbers against the mass of people in the middle of the pack. Whit actually saw the second place guy collide with a lady that wasn't paying attention. It probably isn't the safest race in the world, but it sure was the funnest. Whit stayed with me the whole time, so it really helped me to push myself and I finished in a pretty decent time considering it was midnight and I spent the whole time dodging people. At the end of the race they had sparkling cider and hot chocolate. It was fun. I defiantly want to make that a tradition. After the race my friends all got together so I sent Whit home to sleep and I took the babysitters home and then went to hang out with the girls until four in the morning. Good Times!!


Whit got up the next morning to go to his Polar Bear 100 kilometer (which is 60 something miles)bike race. He did really well. He finished with the top ten. The man is a machine. He was pretty excited to finish so well.

This was the aftermath of our late night party and I guess biking for 60 miles will wear you out too.

I hope you all have a great New Year. I am excited to see what lies ahead of us in 2009.

2 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Holy Cow..do you people ever sleep! How fun! What an awesome support group of friends you guys have there!

provobaileys said...

You guys amaze me. I didn't even make it until 12:00. I had the flu and was throwing up off and on all evening (didn't keep me from eating all the great food.) Mom and Dad even lasted longer than us. We left Shaunna's house about 11:00 and went to bed. We did miss you all in Idaho.