Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend in Atlanta

On January 2nd, we decided to head down to Atlanta to visit my Uncle Kevin and Aunt Marcy in Atlanta, Georgia. We have wanted to get down there for so long, but things just kept getting in the way, so Whit took Friday off and we headed down there. It was such a nice trip. We were able to see Marcy and Kevin's new house and enjoy laid back country life for a couple of days. The first morning we woke up to three deer in their back yard and the second morning we woke up to a dozen turkeys. The girls thought they were in heaven being able to see animals right there in the back yard. Whit and I were able to relax while the girls entertained themselves upstairs. The house was really big so we barely saw the girls. Addie was even able to take care of herself. They have a really large stair case that made me nervous at first, but she was able to get up and down it so well that by the end I didn't even think about it.


Saturday morning Marcy took me to this cute little consignment store where I was able to find some great stuff. I got Jaynie two skirts and a shirt, Lillie a shirt, and a LL bean vest all for $20. What a steal. I wish I could have found some jeans, but she inspired me to shop more frequently at our local consignment stores. Then after lunch we headed into town to go bowling. We had a great time. It was disco bowling so the lights were off and they had black lights. The girls loved that everything glowed. I have to admit I am much better at Wii bowling than the real thing. It's pretty sad when 3 year old Eliza beats all the adults. Next time I am getting bumper lanes and the little roller stand, then maybe I will have a chance of winning :)



On Sunday morning we headed back into Atlanta where we stopped by to visit with our friends the Caspers. It was great to see them and the kids were instant friends. Lyric and Jaynie knew each other when they were little, but seeing them together you would have thought they had known each other all their lives. It was pretty cute. We are glad to have them close. We hope to be able to get together more often.

Our last stop on our way home was at my cousin Jarod's house. Jarod and his wife Lindsay live just a few exits up from the Casper's so it was pretty convenient to see them both. I was glad to get to visit for a little while, but next time we need to make it a longer visit. Jarod and Lindsay have such a cute house and it is the perfect size for their someday family. Don't they look perfect with four kids on their laps. :)

Thanks everyone for the great visit and for all your wonderful hospitality. We had a wonderful time and hope to do it again soon, and anytime you want to head up this way we would love to have you.

2 comments:

lotusgirl said...

Sounds like a great trip!

Marcy Cheney said...

Stacie...What a nice post. We enjoyed your visit so much and appreciate that you took time to come see us. We wanna try to make it up your way sometime this year, but will have to see how Kevs' health does. We sure love you guys.