Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ginger Cascades Girls Camp

Jaynie and I spent Friday and Saturday camping with the girl scouts. This was by far the most beautiful place I have camped in North Carolina. Our cabins were on stilts against the edge of the mountain. I felt like I was in a story book.

Jaynie had a great time and I spent the whole time trying not to be the mean leader that enforced all the rules. Unfortunately that's just who I am so that's who I was. I did try and win the bravest/coolest leader award by going in the cricket infested cave and sliding down the freezing cold rock slide. That's got to earn me some points. Jaynie had a great time and I realized she is one of the kindest girls in her troop. I noticed her including girls that no one else was including and really trying to create a unity between everyone. She is such a great kid. I am so glad she got more of her dads genes than mine.


No comments: