Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Princess Penelope

My poor Penny has had a fever and runny nose for the last few days and conveniently she was scheduled for her 18 month well baby check up, so we were able to rule out ear infections and sore throat and such. Of course it's just a virus so we have to let it run it's course, but the doctor said we could still give her her shots since it wasn't a really high fever. I hesitated for a second but said okay. I mean who wants to come back to the doctor again just for shots and the doctor said she would be fine, so she got shots. Now I feel like the meanest mom in the world for making a baby that didn't feel well to begin with get shots. She really is quite pathetic. She won't walk and every time I pick her up she cries out in pain and points to her legs. So my guilt has me doting on her every need. She was sitting in the chair and kept reaching down saying book and I would get her a book until she eventually had all the books in the chair with her and then she wanted the toys so I finally gave up and put the entire basket on the chair with her. She was quite pleased with her situation.

Here are a few fun things about our 18 month old Penny. She weighs 22 pounds and is 2'8" tall. She says all kinds of words. Her favorites are shoe, mom, dad, up, outside, puppy, blankie, and uh-oh. Her favorite thing to do is play outside on the trampoline. She loves to jump anywhere and likes to run fast. She is also quite the little dancer. She dances like a sumo wrestler it's quite hilarious.

No comments: