Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Amazing Husband

The oldest three girls are doing swim team this year and in order to join swim team we had to join the pool. The problem is we already get a pool membership somewhere else they just don't have a swim team. So to offset the cost the girls and I decided to have a yard sale. The girls went through their toys and got rid of some stuff to help out and Whit and I cleaned out the garage. We had a pretty big pile of stuff to sell. The problem was I had to go camping with Jaynie that weekend and Whit wanted the stuff gone before the Ruberts came to visit. Instead of hauling it all of to Good Will Whit actually held a garage sell without me. He listed it on Craig's Listand made signs. He even priced everything by himself. I didn't do anything for him. There were a few things that I cringed at when he told me how much he sold them for (some people got some really sweet deals) but we got more for it than if we had sent it to Good Will.

As if that isn't enough to make Whit the most amazing husband ever he pulled out his amazing Martha Stewart skills at the last minute on for me and I couldn't be more excited about it. I have wanted a moss G to hang on a mirror on my mantle for a long time but they are expensive and I didn't want to spend any money. Whit kept telling me to just make it but I couldn't find the right stuff and I knew I wouldn't be able to do as good of a job as the lady on Etsy. I really wanted it before our guests arrived but I waited to long for it to get here in time. So what does Whitney do? He comes up with this awesome idea to make it out of a foam insulation board from the job site next door (of corse he used building materials), he goes to Joann's and buys the moss, and creates this beautiful masterpiece. I mean seriously he is Amazing!!

2 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Stacie, you really do have an amazing husband! But, I happen to think you are pretty fabulous as well:). Miss y'all...we really need to try snd get together this summer. Love y'all

Audrey said...

Awe, what a great hubby. :) I'm with Marcy on this you both are pretty fabulous!