Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tired!!!

So I am trying really hard to get the blog caught up before the baby comes and I am dwindling my list, but I don't know if I will make it. That seems to be the theme of life right now. Every day things are getting dwindled off the list, but the list just keeps growing and growing and I am so, so, so tired. The baby is due in 3 1/2 weeks and we are supposed to be moving in the next two weeks. I haven't packed a thing. I haven't washed any of the babies things, or even gotten anything out to wash. I had two showings on our rental house this week and an open house tomorrow and my house is a wreck. I really should be cleaning, but it's 9:30 at night and I still have a lesson to prepare for tomorrow. Which by the way is on optimism and gratitude. Great just shove that in my face right now. My feet and hands are so swollen that it hurts to type this right now, yet here I sit complaining because you know what it feels good to complain. People keep asking me how I am doing and I put on my happy face and say we are fine, but deep down I am freaking out every second of every day about the next month of my life. Whit is spending every free second at the new house trying to get it ready or he is studying for his class he is taking, meanwhile I am just trying not to yell at my kids every second for things that really aren't their fault. I had to sit down with them tonight and explain why I am such a witch right now and I promised them that if they could just bear with me for a few more weeks life will get better. But will it? In a few weeks I will have a new born baby and a brand new house to organize. Will I ever catch up and become not so witchy. I am really starting to wonder???? Maybe I should go read my lesson. I think I need a good dose of optimism and gratitude right now. Life isn't perfect, but complaining about it doesn't make it better or make it go away. The house is still messy and my lesson still needs to be prepared and my feet and hands still ache, but I have it a lot better than a lot of other people so I should put on the happy face and this too shall pass.

4 comments:

Marcy Parkinson said...

I wish we lived closer. I would love to come and help you. I was in the same situation about three years ago. Things hopefully will get easier just go and take a nice long bath with a book.

Starla said...

I am so sorry! I wish we lived closer to help you out. One of the best ways for me to feel better about a situation sometimes is to complain. Once you get it all out you feel so much better. (I hope you feel better, at least for the few minutes you were writing that :o) We wish you luck in all of your craziness. I thought I was going to die when I was pregnant with Brinley and had to pack and move, but with 4 kids and having to show the place you are living in AND pack your house....so exhausting I am sure! Tell you what though I sure do admire you though, you are awesome and are such a great mom :o) good luck and don't stress too much so that baby stays in there for 3 1/2 weeks not 2 1/2 or less :o)

Marcy Cheney said...

Aww Stacie, I wish I was closer and could come get your girls for a few days. Life is so crazy all the time and I think you're doing a GREAT job and I know your family loves you...and just tell them you're a "witch" right now because it's your Halloween costume..hehe!! Love ya

lotusgirl said...

Okay. Stacie, now's the time to put me to work. I've set a goal to do 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day cleaning and housework in the month of November. Maybe I can do some of that at your house. You could help me achieve my goal.