Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tornado Touchdown

Today was an eventful day for Jaynie and Lillie. We had a tornado touchdown here in Lewisville during school hours so the girls had to be on tornado lockdown. They said they had to go out into the hall and sit on their knees and bend their head down and put their hands over their head. When I asked if they were scared they said, "a little". They said they were mostly scared that they wouldn't get to come home because they weren't letting them out of school until the tornado warning was lifted. They ended up keeping them and extra hour.

It made me sad that I wasn't there to hold them and comfort them. That has always been one of my greatest fears when flying by myself with all the girls, that we would have scary turbulence (or worse, but I try not to ever think of the worse) and I wouldn't have enough arms to comfort all of my children at once. I guess this is part of having them grow up and go to school. I can't protect them all the time. That is kind of a hard thing to accept as a mom.

3 comments:

provobaileys said...

That is awful. I am glad it turned out okay. So what did you do with your extra hour. Take a nap I hope. But I am sure with your long list of things that have to get done you just worked hard. Not much longer to go. I really wish that I could come out and help you. You sound like you could use an extra set of hands.

lotusgirl said...

Yeah. I got nothing done during that extra hour. I kept walking out to the street and checking for the bus knowing that they were going to call when the bus was set to leave the school. Once they called I just drove up to the bus stop and waited while the rain poured.

grams said...

So glad that all was well in the end. You are a wonderful mother Stacie and your girls are blessed to have you and Whit to watch out for them. I know what it is like to be expecting a new baby and moving into a new house. We did this when your Mom was born. well, inspite of all i was worried about got done (somehow) Tami was born and life was GREAT!!! hANG IN THERE. wE LOVE YOU SO MUCH.