Sunday, October 31, 2010

Powdered Donuts

One of my favorite childhood memories is the powdered donuts that my mom kept in the freezer for our lunches and snacks. I would love getting them in my lunch, but there was nothing better than eating one frozen for an after school snack. This summer we went to the grocery store and they were buy one get one free so I bought two bags. I think the girls enjoyed them as much as I did as a kid, we went through the two bags pretty quickly. Mom also used to keep frozen snickers in the fridge for Dad, but every once in a while us kids would sneak a taste. I think that needs to be my next childhood memory to explore.



I didn't get close up enough of the girls faces, but they were covered in powder from the donuts. That's the part I didn't remember as a kid, the mess they make.

1 comment:

provobaileys said...

every kid should get to eat frozen donuts after a swim. You were lucky all we got were frozen Bananas that were too ripe to eat so mom would peel them, wrap them in plastic wrap, and stick them in the freezer. Some times (maybe only once) she dipped them in chocolate.