Friday, November 21, 2008

Tragedy at the Gifford House

We have some sad news at our house. Our beta fish Nemo has been flushed down the toilet to join his family in fish heaven. We had this fish for over two years and I really thought that it couldn't die, because believe me I have tried, but we think he had a tumor on his eye that finally got the best of him. The girls took it much better than I thought. Eliza's response was the best. She said, "now we can get a cat." My poor deprived children. They always complain that they don't have a pet and when I remind them that we have a fish they usually say something to the effect of "no a real pet." Unfortunately mom's allergies don't allow for "real pets" and we will have to settle for a fish for now. We will let you know when a new fish joins our family.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry about your fish, but your new family pictures all on your blog look so great. What beautiful daughters you have!

pediatricdentist said...

Whitney You have a beautiful family and a fat head. Send me and email so we can catch up brentpowell21@hotmail.com
xoxoxo

Brent Powell

The Snow Family said...

Sad! It's funny because Liza mentioned this today in nursery but I didn't realize it was such a fresh event! So sorry to hear it. Our flippy had the same fate... I was tempted to run out to Petsmart the night he kicked the bucket and just grab another one b/c all beta fish really look so similar! But I just didn't want another fish to pawn off on neighbors for our vacations coming up... so that was that! Kids have to learn the circle of life sometime!! :)

Cortney said...

SO sad....