Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween

I love Halloween. Next to Christmas it is by far my favorite holiday, but this year it was so busy I didn't get to enjoy it the way I wanted to. We didn't even carve pumpkins. What kind of a mom am I? But what I did enjoy about this Halloween was my sewing machine. I was able to make the girls cute Halloween skirts and I made Jaynie's witch costume. I barely pulled that one off. I think I finished it about one hour before the trunk or treat, but it got finished and in the end it turned out really cute. I was pretty proud of myself too, because I followed a fairly complicated pattern without my mom standing over my shoulder. I didn't even have to call her and ask her questions. It made me excited to attempt the girls Christmas dresses and PJ's. As usual we stretched Halloween out as long as we could. It started with a Halloween playgroup the Friday before Halloween at our house-which was crazy I had almost 20 kids in my tiny house-but it was super fun for the kids. Then the following week Jaynie had her class party that I was in charge of and it turned out pretty good. We had a mini class carnival with different stations for the kids to rotate through. They got to catch a pumpkin, do a cup cake walk, and make a lollipop spider craft. I love being able to go into Jaynie's class and to be totally in charge of the activity made me feel like a teacher again. Then that same night we had our Church Trunk or Treat. The girls got loaded up and we dumped it all in the pot to hand out on Halloween. Then we had Halloween. We got together with some friends to decorate cookies and then had soup as a neighborhood that night before trick or treating around the neighborhood. We have such a great neighborhood. It was a lot of fun. Now it's over and I have to get rid of this candy. I heard a really cute idea. The kids put out their candy on Halloween night for the Halloween Fairy to come and take and she leaves a toy for them to enjoy. I think I will have to remember that one for next year. Well here are my cute kiddies all dressed up. Jaynie was a mean old witch, Lillie was a scary ghost, Eliza was Cinderella (who else could she be really-she is obsessed with Cinderella right now) and Adeline was an Elephant. Pretty cute kids if you ask me.

Here is Lillie decorating a pumpkin at our Halloween Playgroup

Eliza eating her "dirt" at playgroup. This was a great Trick and Treat :)


HAPPY HALLOWEEN


Trick or Treating the Lazy Way!!


Most of the kids in the neighborhood went trick or treating together so those families just put their candy out on the step. Here they are really thinking hard about which candy to take. I thought it was a great picture moment.

9 comments:

MANDY said...

It looks like you had a fun Halloween. Don't worry your not the only one that didn't get pumpins carved. So don't feel so bad. Your kids are so cute. Hey I tagged you. Go to my blog and see the rules.
Mandy

Kris said...

The skirts look very cute. I did get pumpkins carved and it was a lot of work, next we I am going to have them paint them instead.

provobaileys said...

I thought that the skirt and costumes were great. You are getting so good with sewing. I am glad that someone else is a excited about it as me. I help one of the beehives in our ward make a skirt for her sisters birthday to pass of on of her goals. It was hard not to sit down and do it myself, but she did a great job

Lisa said...

Sounds like you have been busy! All of your sewing is great. The Halloween skirts were so cute and nice job on the costume. Sounds like life is good for ya'll.

Kim and Sean said...

Very Fun! I love all your new posts! Good Job on keeping us up dated!! The skirts turned out super cute! Way to go miss creative! Looks like you guys had a good Halloween! Love ya. Kim

Marcy Cheney said...

You are so talented!! Love the kids' skirts and Halloween costumes--as always, they were darling. I envy you the ambition to learn new crafts. If I wasn't so stubborn and wanted it done right now, I'd take up a new hobby myself:~) Love you guys and hope we can work something out for Thanksgiving.

Wendy said...

Sounds like a fun Halloween - and the skirts look really cute. How fun to have four little girls you can dress up to match! I love it.

So today Anthony and I went to our little FHE/Dinner Group - where we get together with another two couples from our stake for dinner each month - and as we were visiting - we realized we all know you and Whit! It was such a 'small world' moment. We get together with Shane and Elisa Walker - Shane grew up in Rexburg and knows you and Whit and Whit's brothers and remembers Grandpa as his stake president all growing up . . . and Courtney and Jeremiah Wheeler - I guess Courtney's sister married Whit's brother. Crazy huh?! So many connections to Rexburg . . . anyway - it was so fun to make the connection!

Lisa said...

Great costumes! Looks like you guys had a great time.

The Anderson's said...

If it makes you feel better, we didnt carve pumpkins either. The little girls remind me frequently. In fact I asked if we could just to gingerbread men instead of gingerbread houses. They informed me that no... remember we didnt get to do pumpkins? anyway, the girls are so cute and the costumes were awesome! Love you guys!