Sunday, May 24, 2009

Girl Scout Camporee

On April 17th and 18th Jaynie and I went to a big camporee at Camp Keyauwee, a local girl scout camp. We had a blast. I have to say I was hesitant to spend the night with 20 6 year olds, but it turned out to be a really great experience. It reminded me so much of girls camp growing up. I like that Jaynie gets to have such fun experiences at such a young age. I am glad I was there with her to enjoy it. I wouldn't have wanted her there without me.


We got to stay in the bunk house. Here is Jaynie reading in her PJ's on the top bunk.

The next morning was full of activities. We got to go paddle boating and Jane and Jaynie did a great job in the boat. I got to go out with another girl that was scared and lets just say paddle boating is hard work especially when you are the only one paddling. I am glad no one took a picture of me in my life jacket and my boat almost tipping over from the uneven weight distribution of me and the 6 year old.


The girls were able to tie die shirts. Jaynie's shirt is the orange and purple one in the middle.


The theme for the camporee was A Blast from the Past: The 60's, 70's and 80's and on Saturday night they had a big disco dance. The girls loved it and even after a long day really got out on the dance floor and boogied. Jaynie went for the 80's look, inspired by the new jelly shoes that she got for Easter. Luckily we were able to just pull stuff right out of her wardrobe. Scary!!


After camp her troop had an awards ceremony where they received all of the badges (try-its) that they have earned this year. Jaynie received seven badges for her vest.

2 comments:

provobaileys said...

You go Jaynie. Girls camp all over again. How fun

Cortney said...

CORRECTION: I *DO* have a picture of you in your life jacket. I can always post it......