Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Mom's Birthday was May 1st, the day after Jaynie's so we started the celebration with a birthday dinner on the 30th. We went to a great restaurant and had great food. On Mom's birthday Kim, Mom, and I went out and got pedicures. I know someone took pictures of this. Mom? Kim? If you have them send them my way so I can post them. Then we came home and made a yummy dinner. This was the night before the marathon so we ate in. Unfortunately I tried something new and fancy, which turned out to be a not so great idea for the marathon, but it was a really great dinner. I felt pretty bad, because I was so focused on the marathon that it turned out to be a pretty boring day for mom, but I think we made the best of it. We watched a really funny movie called Run, Fat boy, Run in honor of the marathon. I only watched part of it and then left everyone else to finish while I went to bed. I realized the next day that we didn't even have cake or sing to mom or anything. What a great daughter I am. I hate realizing my selfish moments, but this definitely was one of them. Sorry Mom, but know that I love you and it was a great privilege to be able to spend your birthday with you.

3 comments:

provobaileys said...

I really think that she will understand with all of the things that you had going on that weekend. Plus birthday cake in July never hurt any one

Tami said...

I had a great B-day! It was fun to be with you!!!! It was fun to watch you run. You were amazing. I love you very much! Mom

Marcy Cheney said...

Sounds like life has been crazy busy for y'all!!! Glad your parents and Kim were able to come and support you in your marathon. I know that your Mom totally understood about not having cake or singing...she knows how much you love her. Hope to see y'all at the reunion in June. Love you guyz...