Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Easter








We had a wonderful Easter this year. I decided to make the girls Easter dresses and I started early enough that I thought I wouldn't have to be stressed at the last minute. But of course I was up late putting the last zipper in the dress on Saturday night. I think they turned out pretty cute as long as you don't look very close. I had never tried Addie's on her because she was always sleeping when I was sewing so when I put it on her Easter morning it was to the floor. The bottom two inches of her dress were wet and grassed covered when we got into the church building because she walked through the wet grass. Oh well.
We had a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday afternoon that was a lot of fun. The girls did a great job finding eggs. Addie would find an egg and have to open it and eat the candy before she would move on to the next egg. Needless to say she ate a lot of candy really fast. We also did a little egg hunt around our house, but the eggs were filled with items that represented the last few days of the Saviors life. Addie was pretty upset that those eggs didn't have candy and she tried to eat a little piece of soap that was in one. The girls also died eggs and we of course ate deviled eggs for dinner with pork chops and potatoes and the girls begged me to make rolls so I decided to break my tradition of easy Sunday dinners, but only because it was Easter.
The Easter Bunny did find the girls on Sunday morning. They each got jelly shoes that they are wearing with their new dresses, a littlest pet shop, a chocolate bunny, and way too much candy. I am going to have to talk to the Easter Bunny next year about the candy, because I am the one who ate it all.
I love Easter so much because I think it is a great time to reflect and think about all the Savior did for us. I found a wonderful article as I was preparing for my lesson by Elder Wirthlin titled Sunday Will Come. He spoke of how the Friday before the resurrection when the Savior was crucified was probably the darkest Friday in history, but then Sunday came and everything was better. The hurt and the pain and the sorrow that everyone felt was gone as soon as they recognized that the Savior had come to life again. In his talk Elder Wirthlin promises that even on our darkest Friday's we can have faith and hope that our Sunday will come because of the sacrifices our Savior made for us. I thought it was such a wonderful way to look at Easter. Easter is a celebration of faith and hope.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cortney said...

You know I think the dresses (and girls!) are very very cute.

provobaileys said...

What a great testimony. The dress are so cute. You are turning in to quite the seamstress. I am with you I have a huge Tupperware bowl of easter candy. Do you think it will save till next year. Sad enough I had to throw the last of the Halloween candy away cause I thought it was about time to say good bye to it and then we are back to square one. I guess i will put it up to high to reach and to see.

The Snow Family said...

Those dresses were amazing. You have such a great eye for design and cute fabrics. Really, I am so impressed.

Tammy said...

The dresses are adorable! Your girls are even more adorable. I hope you are going to be able to make the reunion so I can meet them all!