Sunday, June 8, 2008

End of Feel Great in Eight

I kind of stopped reporting my feel great in eight results. It kind of lost it's luster when the group broke up, but I continued to do the program and yesterday the personal trainer in our ward took our body measurements again as a culmination of feel great in eight. I still have a lot to loose, but I am so excited about my results so far that I wanted to share them. Total weight loss so far is 20 pounds with a body fat loss of 12%. I lost an inch in both arms, 2 inches on my waist, 2 inches on my hips, and 5 1/2 inches on each of my thighs. Not too bad. I'll take it. I have been working really hard and it is paying off. It feels really good to be able to accomplish something that just 3 months ago seemed impossible. Whit and I joined a local gym and that has really helped the weight come off these last 3 weeks. I have started spinning and I think fat just pours off you with the sweat in that class. It is a really great form of exercise. I also am doing a weight lifting class that is set to music that is really fun and I have muscles in my legs that I haven't seen since Coach Lamph made me sit on the wall for hours on end in volley ball my sophomore year. O.K. it probably wasn't hours, but it sure felt like it at the time. Anyway, I feel great and can't wait until I am at my final goal weight and can work on maintaining my weight. I still want to loose 13 pounds. I don't know if I will make it before I come to Idaho at the end of the month, but we will see.

7 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Good for you Stacie...I'm sure you look great and more importantly, feel great!! You must be really dedicated to getting in shape with 4 little ones to care for at the same time. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will reach your goal. We sure love you guys and hope you have a wonderful summer.
Love ya lots...

Lisa said...

Stacie - that is so great. I had my family do the feel great in eight challenge as well - we just finished week 5 - you did so well on it. I remember Coach Lamph and the wall sits - I remember it being hours as well. I need to do whatever workout you are doing - I haven't seen those muscles in years!

Unknown said...

In preparation for the 5k in July I started doing the couch to 5K program and am now on week 7. I am super fast and can jump over fences and stuff now. I am like a cat. I hope both you and Whit bring your A game cause it is on. I am stuck somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds lost depending upon the time of day but I feel pretty good. I always said that you should only run if on fire or being chased but I am starting to actually look forward to it. Good Times. Love you guys, keep up the good work!

Cortney said...

You rock!

The Pena family said...

You are doing so awesome! I might need to steal your workouts after this baby gets here. I had finally lost 20 right before I got pregnant but stalled out after that. I'm just glad I lost that much before because it is so hard to get rid of after. It is so much work to get off, keep up the hard work!

Melissa said...

Way to go, Stacie! You ROCKED that challenge!!

The Snow Family said...

Stacie- that is awesome!!! I'm so thrilled for you. I somehow didn't get the email about the measurements on Sat! I want to know my results but at the same time maybe it's best if I don't know! :)