Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a productive and fun weekend. We spent all day Saturday organizing our garages and I must saw they look pretty good right now. We'll see how long it lasts. I also finished up the garden. We have some plants that aren't doing so well so I tried to mix in some nutrients and hopefully I can save them. We ended the day with a couple of hours of pool time. Sunday night we put up the tent in the backyard and Whit built us a fire pit so we could roast marshmallows and have smores. It was a little warm for a fire, but it was nice. Then came time to sleep in the tent. Penny was a little too excited about the tent. She kept going to everyone's sleeping bags laying down on their pillow. It was pretty cute but not exactly conducive to sleeping so she ended up inside. I wish I had gone with her then. Unfortunately I waited until 4 in the morning to finally go in. I am not a very good camper. That is the last time I will ever sleep in a tent without an air mattress. Plus it's already too late to camp in North Carolina because of the heat. So I am the uncool mom who gave up and went inside to get a couple of hours of sleep. Monday was just another productive day. Whit got some projects finished and again we ended the day at the pool. Some ward friends invited us over for hotdogs and s'mores so the girls got a double dose of s'mores. I was a little teary eyed yesterday, thinking about all my family being together without us. It's always hard on me when they are all together, but I am so blessed to be surrounded by my own little family and all our surrogate family members here in NC.

No comments: