Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy New Years

Our friends Marcia and Christian and their two girls were in town for New Years. It was so good to see them. We miss them dearly. When they were here it was just like they had never left. On New Years Eve we all got together to celebrate. We have started a tradition to celebrate the New Year with the kids at 8:00 p.m. and then put them to bed. That way the kids don't miss the fun of ringing in the New Year, but still get to bed at a decent hour. We made noise makers and drank sparkling cider and watched the 2008 ball drop on Youtube. We figured the year didn't matter the same ball drops every year anyway.

I ran the Tanglewood Running of the Lights at midnight again this year. Whit didn't run it this year with me and I decided I don't ever want to do it without him again. I missed him. He stayed home to get rested up for his 100k bike race at 8:00 a.m. This year our friend Shebnum and Barak joined in the festivities. Barak and Christian ran it and us ladies ran a little, but mostly walked and laughed our way through. We had a great time. But I do have to say it is hard to walk a race that you know you can run. My body just kept wanting to take off. It probably had something to do with wanting to stay warm.
Afterwards we wanted somewhere to go and hang out and believe it or not the only place open was Waffle House. So we went inside. Yes Dad I have finally eaten at a Waffle House. It was quite the experience. Nothing like greasy food at 2 a.m. to ring in the New Year.

On New Years Day Whit got up early for his race. He did awesome and finished with the top riders. Later in the day we took the girls to try out their new skates that they got for Christmas. We went to Skate Haven and the girls had a ball. Even Whit and I put on some skates. It was just like the good old days at R Skating.

1 comment:

provobaileys said...

What fun, okay the running thing not so much but everything else sounds great to me