Monday, February 15, 2010

Chirstmas 2009

We had a great Christmas this year. I love Christmas so much. It is such a fun time to be together as a family. I always try really hard to make it special for my girls. I want to give my girls the kind of Christmas that I remember growing up. Unfortunately, the things that made my Christmas' so great were things like getting together with my cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's house and with out fail every Christmas Eve I tend to dwell on what my girls are missing out on. I really tried to be happy and upbeat this year, I don't want my girls to remember their mom crying every Christmas Eve, but my emotions did get the best of me for a little while. I was making Whit clean the house (I like to clean my emotions away) and once we finally got everything cleaned and picked up we looked at the clock and realized it was getting late. Too late to start the homemade pizza crust that I was planning on. Whit merely suggested that we go somewhere so that the house could stay clean and that was it. I broke down. I started crying and said, "Of course I want to go somewhere. I want to go to my mom's house. I want to go home." Whit let me cry it out for about 10 minutes and then I pulled it together and didn't cry again. Christmas with my little family is pretty special and as long as we have each other Christmas in North Carolina is pretty O.K.

We opted for take out pizza, that way we could still have our candle light pizza dinner on our finest China. Whit went and picked up the pizza and when he returned his favorite girls were all dressed up.


The girls in their Christmas pajamas.


Even Whit and I got matching PJ's this year. By the way it takes a real man to wear polka dots.


Lining up Christmas morning.


Lillie's Stash


Jaynie's Stash


Eliza's Stash


Adeline's Stash

The girls in the Tutu's that Aunt Shaunna made


Check out this hopscotch that my sister-in-law Starla made. Have you ever seen anything so cute in all your life. The girls love it!!!
I made the girls snuggies this year and thanks to Uncle Ryan, Mom and Dad each have one too. If you haven't tried a snuggie you don't know what you are missing. Next time you are sitting on the couch with a blanket eating your popcorn and your arms are cold, just remember you don't have to suffer. Get a snuggie.
Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful gifts and goodies that we got this year. We were truly blessed.

7 comments:

provobaileys said...

What a great time. I wish that I was there. Next year. Oh how I wish we could save enough money to come at Christmas. It would be delightful. we miss you guys so much

lotusgirl said...

Whoa, those pj's rock! Especially on Whit!

Aaron and Melissa said...

I could probably figure it out, but I would love to know how much fabric you used/measurements for the snuggies! Cute pics!

Tammy said...

What a fun idea to eat pizza on your finest china. Those are memories that your girls will cherish! You guys are adorable, I love the pj picture! Polka dots rock!

Kim and Sean said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I loved the pjs. Did you fin the shirts or did you add something to them? I can't believe your girls they made me cry today looking at their pictures. I need you closer! I know I should pry but I need you!!! Love you and miss you tons. Kim

Christi said...

Enjoying your blog- don't know how you do it all, you're a supermom!

Rasmussens said...

I cried my first christmas away too. It gets easier and the memories make it all worth it. Sure hope we get to see you guys sometimes soon. Lauren keeps asking about your girls.