Monday, January 18, 2010

The Mistletoe Half Marathon

I ran the Mistletoe Half Marathon again this year and for some reason the course didn't get any better. I don't know what happened, but the endless hills were still there. We woke up that morning to rain, but it wasn't freezing so we ran anyway. I actually enjoy running in the rain. After the first 10 minutes you are soaked anyway so why not keep going. It also makes the run seem like a bigger deal if you can tell people you did it in the rain. I was happy with my race time this year. I missed my goal time by three minutes, but I beat my last years time by three minutes so it was still an improvement. My time this year was 2 hours 13 minutes 42 seconds. I'll take it and I still have room to improve next year.

The girls hanging out in the back of the car waiting for me at Reynolda Village. They were cheering me on at mile 9.

My biggest fans waiting at the finish line.

Another great post race picture. I don't even know why I take them. I guess it's my proof that I did it-this is what you look like after you run 13.1 miles in the rain. Thanks Kim and Christy for running this with me. I know you are glad I talked you into it.