Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us

Whit and I got the very best Anniversary present-SNOW!!! I really couldn't have asked for a better anniversary day. Whit stayed home from work and went to Yoga with me and then we went to Lillie's Christmas party and during the party it started snowing. By the time we got home it had actually accumulated a couple of inches so of course we all headed out to play in it. It really was a perfect day.
I still can't believe Whit and I have been married for 10 years. I still feel like the luckiest girl to have found the most perfect husband for me. We make a pretty good pair. These last 10 years have been pretty amazing and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years will bring.
Here is some of our snow footage


The next day we had so much fun playing in the snow. The girls really wanted to go sledding and we have a great hill behind us, but we have never bought a sled. It is really hard to buy a sled when you really only use it once a year, but this year we got pretty creative. We do have a plethora of pool toys so we pulled those out and amazingly they worked really well. That is until they popped. The kiddie swimming pool worked really well too.

My Man. Isn't He cute!!!

Of course we had to build a snowman. We had remnants of our snowman into the second week of January. He just didn't want to give in to the sun.









3 comments:

provobaileys said...

I forget what novelty snow is for some people. We don't see it too frequently just enough that it is annoying. You guys do make an amazing pair. A real cute couple.

The Anderson's said...

I cannot believe that it has been 10 years. That means it has been 20 for us. I do remember having that conversation at your wedding. We were supposed to do something spectacular were we not? I dont remeber what it was! We sure to miss you guys. But I do love sharing in your life through photo's. My girls remind me that I have yet to post on my blog this year....I better actually take some photos! We love you!

Shirley Clan said...

CUTE! I love the picture of you all standing by your snowman. That is a pictures you will rarely get in NC though this year you could have done it a few times. I need to quite seeing pictures of NC because I about cry every time I do. I do really well now until I see pictures and it reminds me of everything....
Miss you guys.