Monday, January 18, 2010

The Joy of Giving

Every year I take advantage of the giving season to get the toy room cleaned out. I have a long talk with the girls about how there are kids that aren't going to get very much for Christmas and how we are lucky that we have so much and wouldn't it be nice to give some of our stuff away so that more children can have a Merry Christmas. It sounds really great, but why does it have to be so hard. The girls were crying over toys they had forgotten they even had. Toys that hadn't seen the outside of the toy box for months suddenly became the favorites. I was pretty proud of them in the end though. They really gave away a lot of stuff. Unfortunately the toy room is still a mess. I think my girls just have far too many toys.

1 comment:

Shirley Clan said...

And that is why you are such a good mom. I on the other hand wait till they are asleep and then get rid of everything that I don't want to keep. When they ask where it is (sometimes the next day, sometimes a month or so down the road) I simply shrug my shoulders and say, "I have no idea!" I win best mom of the year award!!! Kudos to you!