Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rural Hall Halloween 10K

A small town near us had a fun Halloween run on October 24th that I signed up for. It was a 10k and trick or treat 1 mile run for families afterwards. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and it ended up just being a 10k in the pouring rain. Despite the rain, I actually enjoyed the race. It was a really small race that was mostly flat, which for this area meant it only had a few tough climbs. I finished in 58:06 which beat my Salem Lake time by 54 seconds. I was pretty happy with that. I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait to turn 30 because then I will finally be out of the fast 25-29 age group for these races. I ran the race with Kim, Christi, and Nicole (a neighbor) and all of them placed in their age groups. I would have gotten second place for the 30-34 age group behind Kim if I were 30. Maybe instead of wanting to get older I should just work on being faster.

2 comments:

provobaileys said...

no I think it is better to get older.

Christi said...

That was an awesome day. You got ripped off with the awards- go 30! hee hee