Sunday, December 6, 2009

Halloween, Halloween, and more Halloween

Halloween seems to be the never ending Holiday around here. I dressed the girls up three different times during the week of Halloween. It was pretty crazy especially since Lillie wanted to be a mummy. I really thought a mummy costume would be easy, but I was sorely mistaken. It took 30 minutes to get her wrapped up and then about 5 minutes to start to unravel. Luckily by the third go round I had it down to a science and she held together pretty well. I had tons of comments on how cute she looked, so I guess the unravelling made her look all that more authentic.
Here are our carved pumpkins
All the girls in their Halloween finest. Just incase you can't tell, Jaynie is a vampire, Lillie is a mummy, Eliza is a witch, and Adeline is a dragon.
Our first dress up event was Lillie's Daisy scout Trunk or Treat. It poured rain so we did a drive up Trunk or Treat so all the kids waited in the school while the cars pulled up under a pavilion two by two. Whatever it takes for candy. Right?
The week was full of class parties. I was able to help with Lillie's class.
Dress up number 2: The ward Trunk or Treat and Carnival. The girls had a blast.
Jaynie couldn't win a donught to save her life. I finally asked the YW to rig it for her. Oh anyone standing on the black cat wins a donought this time. YEAH!!!
Dress up number 3: Halloween night. It poured rain again and I at the last minute tried to host a neighborhood potluck dinner in my driveway, which ended up in my house due to the rain, but it was a lot of fun to get together with the neighbors. The Shirley's joined us as well.

I heard a rumor this year that there was a Halloween Witch and that she and the Toothfairy decided to team up to prevent tooth decay. Their plan is to give kids an incentive for getting rid of their candy. The rumor was if you put your bag of candy out on the front porch on Halloween night the Halloween witch would take all your candy and leave you a suprise in your bag. Well the rumor was true the Halloween Witch does exist and she will leave you suprises if you trade in your candy.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the Halloween Witch idea...how fun. maybe she will have to arrive at our house next year! I love catching up on your blog. Halloween costumes are adorable and it looks like you are all doing great. Have a great New year!

provobaileys said...

I love the idea of a halloween witch. I let the kids eat candy for two days and throw it away. I hate mummy costumes. It took me three hours last year to get Lance in and out of his costume. Of course that is how long it took to do Claire's hair and make up this year. Next year I think I will let them go as brown bags or something.