Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why I should learn to just stay out of the kitchen

No these are not chocolate cookies-they are snicker doodles after about an hour in the oven. We are lucky we still have a house.

I am the first to admit that I am not a wonderful cook. I have my basic things that I make and I stick to them because I don't like complicated recipes and I have a hard time cooking multiple things at once and I often get sidetracked and over cook the pasta or burn this, that or the other, but as far as baking is concerned I have always been pretty good at it and I have always enjoyed it. I mean how bad can you mess up a batch of cookies right? Well as you can see from the above picture you can really mess them up if you try hard enough.

As I said in my previous post we had beautiful 70 degree weather last weekend and the kids were all playing outside. When we go outside in our neighborhood the kids tend to flock to each other and they all ended up in our backyard, parents included. So everyone was outside enjoying the weather and the company and I was inside finishing up a batch of cookies to bring out and share with everyone. The timer went off and they weren't quite done so I left them in the oven without resetting the timer and that was the end of those cookies. Someone needed me outside and the cookies sat in the oven for about an hour. Our house smelled like burnt cookies for the next couple of days, but luckily that was the worst of it.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Good effort though!

Starla said...

Way to go Stacie! You are awesome.

Tammy said...

Oh I am glad that I am not the only one that this has happened to.

provobaileys said...

I think that is the best story. You are a great cook. Don;t sell yourself short.

Lisa said...

Stacy - this is so funny. I just messed up a batch of sugar cookies and had to throw them all away, so don't feel too bad. Great job on the running - I am jealous and envious and inspired!