Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sleeping with Curlers

A while back I bought some of the sponge curlers like the ones I remember my mom making me sleep in on Saturday nights. I wanted to try them on my girls hair for Sundays. Ever since then Jaynie has asked me several times to put the curlers in her hair, but time has never permitted. Well last night we had some extra time after baths so I thought lets put in curlers. Let me tell you this is no easy task with four girls. Lillie and Eliza were not about to go to bed without curlers in their hair so I had to do every ones. Even Adeline had to have a curler. Jaynie's was pretty easy, but Lillie and Eliza both have shorter hair so it was a little more difficult to get the hair in. I also used all the bigger ones on Jaynie's head, so I was left with the littler ones for the younger two. We got it done though and they all went to bed with curlers in their hair. Amazingly they woke up with all of the curlers still in tact. With the exception of Adeline of course. Hers lasted about 30 seconds. Jaynies turned out great. I only had to do a little bit of touch up with the curling iron. Eliza and Lillie on the other hand were another story. Apparently the smaller the curler the tighter the curl so Lillie and Eliza both had these really tiny tight curls right next to their head. It took some major reconstructing, but I think the end result was pretty cute.

10 comments:

provobaileys said...

their hair is so cute. Brave women. tell me did it save that much time. I have thought about it a few times on Sunday mornings when all I feel like I get done is hair.

lotusgirl said...

Their hair was so cute today. I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid. We did it with socks sometimes too. Those actually work really well, and you don't have the hard plastic of the rollers to sleep on.

Tammy said...

I remember having these in my hair as a little girl. They are are adorable.

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcy Cheney said...

That is too cute!!! Just ask Cori and Sara about sleeping in curlers. I used to make them do it all the time and Saras' usually turned out pretty cute, but Cori had shorter & finer hair so hers were always pretty tight against her head as well. It makes me laugh to look back at those pictures now...I'm sure they hated it, but they were good sports and always humored me. We love you guys and good luck in the Marathon. You are so brave...

Kristen and Scott said...

Stac-
I too am going to try and tackle a marathon this summer. I am going to run the Mesa Falls one when we are back in Rexburg before we move to D.C. Could you tell me what your training program is? My long runs are about where yours are at. kesmith@cableone.net Good Luck!!

Amber Harmon said...

Hey Stacy! I use to do that to my owen hair when I was a teenager, and in my 20's. Just think of the people I made so that with my thick hair! Your girl's look great in them! I hope all is well with yur family! Love you guys.

Jessica said...

Your girls are adorable! I'm sure they loved having you put those in-it was always special when my mom did that for us.

Lisa said...

That is a big job. I remember when my mom use to do that with the four of us. It was an all night process. The girls look beautiful

The Anderson's said...

Okay, so I thought that I would pee my pants because I could tell you that same experience at my house! You spend hours upon hours rolling hair on saturday night thinking that it will save you so much time on sunday morning. Sunday morning comes and so does the "unveiling" Thats when you realize that maybe three days later when the curls mellow out a little it will be cuter. But at my house it just led to a great deal of tears from everyone! I must say that yours turned out adorable!