Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Jaynie






A lot went on at the end of April that I totally missed blogging due to technical difficulties so I am backtracking and posting about late April. The most important event was Jaynie's 6th birthday. It was an extra special birthday because Grandma and Grandpa Erickson were able to be here for it. They got in late on the 29th so when Jaynie woke up on her birthday (the 30th) she woke up to Grandma and Grandpa. What a great way to start off your birthday. Then everyone went to the school for lunch where she gave her class butterfly cupcakes. Whit brought her a special lunch-it was supposed to be a Happy meal, but who knew that McDonald's doesn't serve Happy Meals at 10:30 in the morning so he bought her breakfast and had to buy a toy separate. She didn't know the difference. Then after school Jaynie had some of the neighbor girls over for a little butterfly party. This was her year to not have a party, but mom caved and she got a "little" party. I quickly discovered that a little party doesn't mean little work for mom. Next time I don't think I will cave :) The girls had a great time. Jaynie wanted a butterfly party (courtesy of Fancy Nancy) so everyone came dressed as their favorite butterfly. Then that night we celebrated Jaynie and Grandma's birthday with a nice dinner and desert from fresh market.

It is really strange having my baby grow up. I am not quite sure how to handle it. But each year brings new and exciting adventures. I look forward to life with a six year old, but I would be perfectly fine with her staying right where she is. Does anyone know how to make her stop growing up?

Happy Birthday Jaynie I love you!!

9 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Stacie...what a beautiful daughter you have. It's so hard to watch them grow up, but at the same time, you have so much to be proud of. We miss you guys and hope we can get up there this year, or maybe you guys came make it down our way. Life just goes by so fast and there never seems to be enough time to do and see all the things we want to. Anyhow, we sure do love you guys and hope to get together soon.

provobaileys said...

Oh my I think that Grandma Gifford looks much younger than the last time I saw him. How was the visit with your parents. And how did Jaynie;s play turn out. Did you get any pictures of that. I can not believe that she is already 6. Time does fly by. But she is so cute

provobaileys said...

Okay I meant to say Grandpa Gifford looks younger. I guess that is what I get for teasing you for making a mistake. I admit nobady it perfect. Love ya

Rasmussens said...

Can you believe they are getting that old. Your girls are so beautiful and we wish we could see more of you. Lauren always asks, when can I see and play with those cute girls from when we went camping. I think they had agood time. hope all is well with you.

Bowman Bunch said...

Hey Stacie, I saw your blog address on Tiffany's site and I was excited to see how you guys were doing. Your girls are so cute. That is pretty amazing- four kids and all. I bet you are real busy. I would love to check your blog site every so often, so add me to your list. Also if you want my blog address just send me you email address and I will send you an invite. I am excited to read more about the GIfford family. Janell Holloway Bowman
ajsatellite@gmail.com

Cortney said...

Happy Birthday Jaynie!!!

P.S. I LOVE the etsy shops you have listed? Doesn't one of those belong to your cousin?

melissanothum said...

Hi Gifford family...
This is Melissa Mack.(nothum).one of Whits friends from High School. Just wanted to say hello. You two have such a beautiful family, Wow whit...all girls! If anyof the boyz could do it, it would be you. I would love to catch up sometime. I found your bolg through Zach and Lyndi...
We have 2 girls and 1 boy...families are the greatest huh?
love ya
Melissa

The Anderson's said...

I wish I could tell you how to keep your baby from growing up because mine is 17 and is dealing with boys and drama and stuff I cant figure out. So find the cure all that keeps them six! You will never regret it!

Lisa said...

What a fun birthday! It sounds like a lot of fun. Want to hear something crazy...Kiesty's birthday is also April 30th, and she also had a little butterfly birthday party. We must be related. Happy Birthday Jaynie!