Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Idaho Trip 2011

Oh how I love Idaho. It is so nice to take a break from the North Carolina heat and enjoy some family time in Idaho. Like always we packed as much as we could in to our three week stay. I think everyone was very ready for us to go home this year. Usually we split our time between Whit's family and mine, but Grandma and Grandpa Gifford were on a mission at Heber Valley Girls Camp so we stayed at my mom's house the whole time. I think mom was pretty ready to get her house back. We are so grateful that everyone was willing to put life on hold for the three weeks. We really had an awesome time. Here are the highlights:

The Craze a new kid place in Rexburg. Great Grandma and Grandpa Erickson took some of the great grands here. They had so much fun.




Laser tag. Addie could barely hold up the gun.
Black light Miniature Golf





Playing at the park. Sam and Penny were fighting over a camera case. They kept taking it away from each other. Sam finally got smart and crawled away from Penny and she looked on longingly because she couldn't crawl over to him. Pretty cute.




This stage coach has been at this park since I was a little girl.




Crafting for Carter's bug birthday.




My favorite thing about the whole trip was Lewis and Clark Caverns, which weren't even discovered by Lewis and Clark. I hadn't been there since I was a kid. I remember that beaver slide being much bigger. It was really fun to take my kids through. Addie had a tough time at first. I really thought we were going to be stuck at the beaver slide, but I was able to convince her to keep going and she did great after that. All the girls thought it was pretty cool.




Notice my sweet front pack. We picked it up at a thrift shop in a small town in Montana on our way up to the caverns. I think it may have been meant for a doll, but it worked.




Addie sucks her fingers more when she is nervous.




I love this picture because it shows Lillie's amazement of the stalactites and stalagmites.








Notice Ryan has on my sweet new Ergo that I bought for the trip while I am wearing the doll carrier. You're welcome Ryan. I think it would have been a lot funnier to see Ryan carrying Brinley in the doll carrier.




Rigby Lake-Looks like Jaynie got caught!!









I love this picture!!




Tauphas Park Zoo
































Feeding the ducks at the Nature Pond




There was so much more I just wasn't very good with the Camera this year. We went Huckleberry picking and to the new pool in Rexburg with water slides and a lazy river. We also were able to spend an evening up at Heber Valley with Elder and Sister Gifford. It was fun to see where they had been living all summer. What a beautiful place.








Since I am keeping up with the blog while catching up with the blog I am going to do a new post and an old post until I am caught up so if you are interested in our Idaho trip from 2010 you can find it here.

No comments: