Monday, September 7, 2009

Goodbye Marcia

Our Good friends the Praono Stevens family moved just shortly after we got back from Idaho. We miss them dearly. It is hard to make such good friends just to have them leave. I know that is why we are still in North Carolina-Good Friends become Family when family isn't near. Marcia was like a sister to me and she made me think I could do crazy things like run marathons and wear bikinis (Shh don't tell my mom) and guess what I discovered I can. Thanks Marcia. I love you.

As a goodbye celebration (for lack of a better word) we had a girls day. The day started with Kim, Marcia, and myself getting up for our traditional morning run. Then at 11:00 Kim and I got a babysitter and we rode our bikes to a cute little coffee shop in downtown Lewisville to get frozen lemonade and then to the pool. Cortney met us there. I tried to convince her that being 8 weeks pregnant was no excuse to not ride with us, but she just laughed in my face. After relaxing and laughing at the pool we went out to eat at a great restaurant that featured fancy Southern Cuisine. Yummy!!! Then we had a spa night at Cortney's parent's pool house. It was a crazy fun night.

We also had a chance to get all the kids together for a fun photo shoot before they left. It was a ton of fun and we got some really cute pictures. Here is the whole gang striking what I am sure is to be the newest fashion model pose: Sarp, Emilia, Addie, Eliza, Kate, Carmen, Lillie, Jane, and Jaynie. Sarp is one lucky guy.

2 comments:

marcia stevens de proano said...

I love you too, Stacie!!! And I'm so glad that you've updated your blog!!

provobaileys said...

I love friends. I know we only live four hours from home but it is friends that make it tolerable. They really do become your family.