Monday, September 7, 2009

First Day of School-August 25th, 2009

The girls started school. I can't believe how fast the summer came and went. Lillie started Kindergarten and Jaynie started 2nd grade.

It was so much easier to have Lillie go to kindergarten than it was with Jaynie. Lillie was just so ready to go. I didn't worry one bit about her and because she has spent so much time at the school already and she knew right where to go and what to do. She was a little hesitant at the very last second because they did a staggered start so only 7 other kids were there and she was confused about where to sit, but she got over that quickly and she was off. She has Jaynie's same teacher, Mrs. Wuwert, which is helpful for me because I know what will be going on and what to expect.
I am having a hard time believing Jaynie is in 2nd grade. Can she really be that old? She is so grown up and was a super big help with her little sister. I guess Lillie was sad when Jaynie and Jane got on the bus after school because she sat there forever by herself, but Jaynie didn't hesitate for a second and sat down right next to her and comforted her all the way home. I hope Jaynie never gets too cool to help her younger sisters. Jaynie has Mrs. Sloop this year and we are lucky because she also goes to our church and she is an awesome teacher. Jaynie's big concern was that she would accidentally call Mrs. Sloop Sister Sloop in class. I told her she would probably answer to that too.


The first day of school also marked a first day for me too. Jaynie's kindergarten teacher approached me last spring with the idea of keeping her new baby for the school year, and after much thought and prayer I decided that I would do it. At the time I thought sure. Why not. I can do babies. I have done four. The baby will be 6 weeks when we start, so all she will do is eat and sleep. Addie's going to be two and I'm not pregnant, so why not. Not to mention it really felt right. Well I am starting to see the why nots. It has been pretty hard for me these last couple of weeks. The baby is adorable and I love her to death and I am glad to be helping a friend, but my life has had to change dramatically and I wasn't quite prepared for that. I guess when it's your baby you are totally prepared for that period of adjustment and you know it is going to be a little rough for a while. I am not sure how I forgot about that, but somehow I did. It is going to be o.k., but I have spent a lot of time mourning the gym and my clean house and the time I could be spending with Addie and Eliza. I just need a schedule and once we can get there I will be o.k. Eliza and Adeline love her and spend the time she isn't here asking when she is coming back. So it is good for them and the money is really needed right now, so I am done complaining. I am going to have faith that I can do this and I am going to start enjoying this new adventure.

2 comments:

provobaileys said...

I love that your girls wear dresses on the first day. It is nice to see your update. I have missed reading about your life. It is good to know that you all are still alive and kicking and doing more, you are still having fun.

Liisa said...

Great to see what the Giffords have been up to! We enjoyed our Idaho summer and can't believe that our oldest is in 2nd grade too! Funny that you're still there, and we're here.

Great fall weather today made me think of endless hours at Tanglewood Park with great friends--enjoy an afternoon for us.