Sunday, June 7, 2009

Strawberry Picking

One of my favorite things to do in North Carolina is go and pick fresh fruit. Strawberries and Blueberries are our favorites. The month of May brought about Strawberry picking season so a strawberry picking we went. Kim and I decided to go after school one day so Jaynie and Jane could go with us and I thought it would take us forever, but I was amazed at how fast we filled five gallon sized buckets with strawberries. I guess it's true what they say, "many hands makes work light."

The fruits of our labors.

Yummy Freezer Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Pie

Strawberry Shortcake

Plus we have lots of frozen strawberries for shakes!! Gotta love strawberries!

3 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

This makes me so hungry for fresh strawberries!!! I also made some strawberry and peach freezer jam last summer and am still enjoying it...but your pies and shortcake look SO YUMMY! Looks like the girls had fun in the rain as well..gotta love summer. Are y'all gonna be at the reunion? If so, see ya there. Love ya...

provobaileys said...

yummy. the best we do is letting the kids help pick the package of strawberries have the fewest bruised berries

Starla said...

Oooooh yummy! Those look so yummy. How fun, and delicious. Great job putting the kiddos to work too :o)