Thursday, July 17, 2008

Idaho Trip-Yellowstone

The girls and I made it back safely from Idaho. The flight went well and we are just trying to adjust to NC time. It is always a lot harder to adjust to coming home than going. Luckily everyone has been sleeping in so that has helped. We had so much fun in Idaho. I can't believe how fast three weeks can fly by. I started crying one day as I was packing for the trip and the girls asked what was wrong and I said we are packing to go on our trip and that means it is almost over. I don't think they quite understood my problem, but that is really how it is. Sometimes I dread going because that means it will be over and I won't have anything to look forward to anymore. We did a lot of great things while in Idaho and it will probably take me a while to get all of the fun stuff posted so I will just do it in parts.


The first big event was going to Yellowstone National Park. This was a great day. We loaded 26 members of Whit's family in three cars and spent the day seeing the sights. Then ended the day at the Playmill Theatre where we saw Hello Dolly. It was a cute show and the girls loved it. They are very facinated by plays and musicals. Jaynie keeps asking when she gets to be in a play. I guess I should make more of an effort to get her involved. It was neat to be with Lee (Whit's Dad) at the Playmill. They recognized him as one of the original founders of the playmill. He and one other man and their families started it 40 years ago and now it is such a popular part of the Yellowstone trip for people. Pretty cool!!

Here are some pictures of our day in Yellowstone.
We saw a lot of buffalo (bison for the guy at Yellowstone), elk, deer, beaver, and even a bald eagle, but no bears :(
Pretty Paint Pots

Oh my sweet Eliza-that's just all I can say about this picture

Old Faithful-I have tried twice since I have been married to see Old Faithful and missed it both times so I wasn't going to miss it this time. The girls thought it was pretty cool.
Cousins!!!

Us at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. What a beautiful sight. As you can tell we caught it just as it started to rain. Lucky us.

Does anyone know where Grandma went?

1 comment:

Marcy Cheney said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Idaho trip. I know how you feel about it ending---you look forward to it for so long and then it just seems to end so quickly. I guess that's one good thing about living so far away from family---it really just makes you appreciate and enjoy the times you have together that much more. Hope to get up there to see y'all sometime this year. Love ya lots...